Fat Demigod (Priest)

Fat Demigod (Priest)
Priest character rendered w fancy lighting. Created model, textures, materials and rendering. Design by Steve Snoey

Spirit

Spirit
created character design, model, textures, materials and rendering

Torchbearer

Torchbearer
character design by Nate Simpson

Vampire Lord

Vampire Lord
character design by Nate Simpson and Steve Snoey

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Priest character image behind the scenes...

Priest Character modeled for Demigod PC game. Character design by Steve Snoey. Render is created using in game model, rendered with displacement maps created in zbrush.

I designed the character pipeline for this game and while I am biased, I had fun and enjoyed the process.
The jist is to create the character models with good topology and silhouette/volume detail for zbrush. This makes for models and textures that can easily be reduced as needed for in game; but also hi fidelity for use in cutscenes and marketing, typically a separate set of models and textures would be outsourced for cinematics and marketing.
Here are some pics showing the different assets that went into making the finished character:

No comments:

Post a Comment